Gifts That Make An Impact Now
If you would like to to advance the mission of an enterprising public university that’s a national leader in innovation and success initiatives, consider the giving options below — many of which have financial and personal benefits to you.
To support Georgia State University’s current work, make a gift online or by mail: Georgia State University Foundation, Inc., PO Box 2668, Atlanta, GA 30301-2668
Recommend a grant now from your donor-advised fund
You can use your donor-advised fund (DAF) to make a one-time gift or to create a recurring monthly or quarterly gift to advance the university’s mission throughout the year.
You can conveniently initiate a grant from your DAF using the link below. Simply type in the name of your fund sponsor and the system will prompt you through the process.
Memorial or Tribute Gift
When you give a memorial or tribute gift to Georgia State to honor someone special, you’re expressing your love, admiration and gratitude in one of the most meaningful ways there is. Your gift will honor your loved one, create a lasting tribute and open up a world of opportunity for future Panthers.
Gifts of Appreciated Securities
Matching Gift Opportunities
Would you like to maximize the impact of your giving and encourage other supporters to mobilize on behalf Georgia State? Consider sponsoring a matching gift challenge. Donate a pool of funds to the Georgia State University Foundation, from which we will match any donation made within a given period of time. In this way, the value of your gift is doubled.
Qualified Charitable Distribution
- You must be 70 and a half years or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000 to all organizations.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to the Georgia State University Foundation.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to the Georgia State University Foundation, so it does not count as income for the year.
- If you are 73 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual required minimum distribution from your IRA.
- An individual may take a one-time QCD up to $50,000 to fund a charitable gift annuity (CGA) or charitable remainder trust (CRT).
You can download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here to start the distribution process. You may also be able to request a qualified charitable distribution through your online account portal.
Please note: If you are still working and contributing to a retirement account, this gift could impact your taxable income. Please consult a qualified advisor before making a gift.
The Impact of Your Giving
could pay for a student's books
The costs of textbooks, course materials and lab fees add up quickly!
Help a student access the tools they need to succeed.
could provide a stipend
Your gift may be the security a Panther needs to gain freedom to concentrate on studies or the boost that allows the pursuit of experiential learning.
could support a scholarship
You could make a difference in the life of a student and help Georgia State attract the best and the brightest.